The above photo: Bruce Springsteen from The Summer Tour 2017 in Australia (Photo & Design by J. Cole)
Click Here for article.
Click Here for Previous Covers
The Southland Music Line 2016 Year-End Articles:
Part One: A Year in Review
Part Two: Johnny Cole – A Year of Travelin’ & 300+ Shows
(includes acknowledgements and links to full list of shows)
Part Three: Stephen Anderson – A Year in Photography
Part Four: Robby Amonett – A Year in Music-Inspired Art
Part Five: A Photo Retrospective (5 Pages of Photos)
Part Six: Favorite Albums & Shows
Part Seven: Lisa Mills: 2016 Music Artist of the Year
Part Eight: Readers’ Choice Awards
- Bruce Springsteen: The Southland Music Line Follows The Boss To Australia & New Zealand
- Della Memoria: A Beautiful Dream Finds New Beginnings
- Joey Cook & The Partyraddlers: Welcome to the Variety Show – A Music Spotlight
- Lisa Mills: 2016 Music Artist of the Year
- My Desert Trip Diary: Three Memorable Nights of Music (by Johnny Cole)
- A Conversation with Lilly Winwood at The Listening Room in Mobile, AL
- Bogalusa Blues & Heritage Festival 2016: The Dream Survives a Flood
- Herman’s Hermits’ Peter Noone: 50 Years Later – “A School Girl Crush Revisted” by Leslie Wright Mulcahy
- The Frog Pond at Blue Moon Farm: Friends Express Their Appreciation
- Darcy Malone & The Tangle: Still Life – A Music Spotlight
- Oh, Jeremiah: The Other End of Passing Time – A Music Spotlight
Spotlight Music of the Month
“Heartache Like You” – Hannah McFarland”
During 2016, The Southland Music Line frequently heard about a young music artist, Hannah McFarland, from Mobile, AL. She has regularly had sold-out performances at The Listening Room and received numerous positive reviews from an array of sources. Finally on Wednesday, January 4 of this New Year, The Line had the opportunity to see Hannah perform live at Callaghan’s in Mobile. On this particular evening, she was performing alongside three of the region’s most gifted musicians Phil Proctor, Stan Foster and Jose Santiago for a few songs. The set included songs from her 2016 debut release “Heartache Like You”. Her new music is a glimpse at what this young rising artist very likely has in store for us in the future. Now living in Nashville and furthering her education and music career, Hannah has a real determination in life. We can’t help but to wish her well and look forward to what’s to come. Until then, we invite you to check out her latest EP and when possible, see her perform live. Links to her official website and how to purchase her music are provided below.
Last Month’s Spotlight Music
Click Here for Spotlight Music of the Month Archives.
When it comes to enthusiastic music fans, Christine Kennedy fits the bill. She frequently attends The Frog Pond at Blue Moon Farm and can also be spotted at an array of music venues like Callaghan’s Irish Social Club in Mobile, AL. She has taken trips to Pascagoula and Bay St. Louis, MS for Jazzfest Unplugged just to hear great music. She is an easy choice for this month’s “Music Fan of the Month”. We always look forward to seeing her and spending time together enjoying spectacular music.
This couple has proven themselves to be true fans of great music. They have attended shows around the country from Alaska to New Orleans to San Diego to Austin. Jeff is an avid collector of guitars and enjoys playing them. His wife Patsy has spent a number of long hours assisting The Southland Music Line and her contributions are appreciated. In 2015 and 2016, Jeff and Patsy spent time with The Line’s Johnny Cole and Stephen Anderson at Austin’s South By Southwest and the Texas music landmark Gruene Hall. Their recognition as Music Fans of the Month is long overdue.
Click Here Music Fan of the Month Archives