The above photo: Lisa Mills at Callaghan’s in Mobile, AL (Photo by Stephen “Andy” Anderson and Design by J. Cole)
Click Here for Previous Covers
- Lisa Mills: 2016 Music Artist of the Year
- My Desert Trip Diary: Three Memorable Nights of Music (by Johnny Cole)
- A Conversation with Lilly Winwood at The Listening Room in Mobile, AL
- Bogalusa Blues & Heritage Festival 2016: The Dream Survives a Flood
- Herman’s Hermits’ Peter Noone: 50 Years Later – “A School Girl Crush Revisted” by Leslie Wright Mulcahy
- The Frog Pond at Blue Moon Farm: Friends Express Their Appreciation
- Darcy Malone & The Tangle: Still Life – A Music Spotlight
- Oh, Jeremiah: The Other End of Passing Time – A Music Spotlight
- Coconut Moonshine: Remembering Mr. Jim (an article by Cynthia Thamert)
- The Listening Room Takes Its Place in the Gulf Coast Music Scene
- The Southland Music Line 2016: A Year in Music (So Far) – The Travels of The Line’s Johnny Cole
- Willie Sugarcapps Returns with “Paradise Right Here”
- Escondido: From The Ghost of Escondido to Walking with a Stranger – The Nashville Duo Continues to Shine Brightly
Spotlight Music of the Month
☆ Gotta Get Back – Seth Walker
To say we are a fan of Seth Walker just isn’t enough. We have attended a number of his shows, included him in a T.V. episode of “Music Scene” and Stephen Anderson has done several series of photos. There is something refreshing about the music of Seth Walker and never more so than on his latest album “Gotta Get Back” . It has become a personal favorite to listen to as I drive the roads in search of new music. Quite frankly, it has easily been listened to dozens of times with equal enthusiasm each time.
☆ Behind This Guitar – Mo Pitney
We had the honor of attending Mo Pitney’s show opening for Winona & The Big Noise at El Mercado’s in Austin, TX. He was one of the real standouts among the musicians we had seen throughout the week of SXSW. Unlike the pop country of today or the role of a classic wannabe impersonator, Mo has an authentic sound to his music and style of delivery. There are many songs that stand out on “Behind This Guitar” but an early favorite is “I Met Merle Haggard Today”.
☆ We All The Light – River Whyless
We were fortunate enough to become acquainted with the music of River Whyless at 2016’s South by Southwest in Austin, TX. The music from their second release, “We All the Light” once again captures something special and proves them as one of the bands to watch on the scene today.
☆ I’m Glad Trouble Don’t Last Always – Luke Winslow-King
We have attended several of Luke Winslow-King’s shows and each brings an extreme pleasure to the hearts and ears of those in attendance. It’s great to see he has followed up 2014’s “Everlasting Love” with another that will be pleasing to fans and newcomers alike. His musical inspirations are on full and beautiful display.
Last Month’s Spotlight Music
“Still Life” by Darcy Malone & The Tangle
Click Here for Spotlight Music of the Month Archives.
The Southland Music Line continues to recognize devoted music enthusiasts as Music Fans of the Month. This month we want to highlight good friend and loyal music supporter Mona Merritt. She can be seen attending and assisting at various music events across the Mobile, AL and Gulf Coast region. She also attends the highly entertaining Cayamo Cruise which unites fans with some of Americana music’s best talent. We want to thank Mona for all she does and we look forward to attending lots of great shows and concerts with her in the future.
Click Here Music Fan of the Month Archives