The above photo: Cadillac John Nolden at the 45th Annual Bentonia Blues Festival.
Photo by Stephen “Andy” Anderson / Page Design by J. Cole)
Click Here for Previous Covers
- Taking Flight with Paw Paw’s Medicine Cabinet
- Hannah McFarland & Friends Live at Callaghan’s
- SXSW 2017: The Southland Music Line Returns To South By Southwest
- Bruce Springsteen: The Southland Music Line Follows The Boss To Australia & New Zealand
- Della Memoria: A Beautiful Dream Finds New Beginnings
Recent Photos by Stephen “Andy” Anderson:
- Christina Christian at The Julep Room in Ocean Springs, MS (Fri. July 14, 2017)
- Molly Thomas with special guest Rick Hirsch at Jack’s by the Tracks in Pascagoula, MS (Fri. July 14, 2017)
- Molly Thomas with special guest Rick Hirsch at The Julep Room in Ocean Springs, MS (Thur. July 13, 2017)
- Ric McNaughton at Murky Waters in Ocean Springs, MS (Sat. July 8, 2017)
- Sugarcane Jane at The Shed in Ocean Springs, MS (Sat. July 8, 2017)
- Johnny Hayes & The Loveseats at Dority’s Bar & Grill in Dauphin Island, AL (Tues. July 4, 2017)
- Grace Askew at The Julep Room in Ocean Springs, MS (Sat. July 1, 2017)
- Truitt Williams & Friends at Jack’s by the Tracks in Pascagoula, MS (Tues. June 27, 2017)
- Jamie Lynn Vessels at The Julep Room in Ocean Springs, MS (Sat. June 24, 2017)
- Wes Lee at Jack’s by the Tracks in Pascagoula, MS (Sat. June 24, 2017)
- A Special Evening of Music: Paula Boggs Band “Live in Mobile, AL” (Tues. June 20, 2017)
- 45th Annual Bentonia Blues Festival (Sat. June 17, 2017) “5 Pages of Photos”
- The Legendary “Blue Front Cafe” in Bentonia, MS
- Molly Thomas & The Rare Birds at Manci’s Antique Club in Daphne, AL (Sun. June, 11, 2017)
- Abe Partridge at Manci’s Antique Club in Daphne, AL (Sun. Jun. 11, 2017)
- “Return of the Neanderthal Man” A Show of Support for Rob Hickman: Stephen Lee Veal, Grayson Capps, Lisa Mills, Gram Rea & Brenda Bledsoe (Fri. June 9, 2017)
- Sugarcane Jane at Callaghan’s Irish Social Club for the CD release of “Ladders & Edges” (Sun. June 4, 2017)
- Spencer Bohren “A Concert in Honor & Memory of Phillip Calametti” at The Listening Room in Mobile, AL (Sat. June 3, 2017)
- Click Here for More Photos by Stephen “Andy” Anderson (Multiple Albums)
Spotlight Music of the Month
“The Great Room” – Paw Paw’s Medicine Cabinet
“Somebody Else’s Dream” – Paw Paw’s Medicine Cabinet
Last Month’s Spotlight Music
“Ladders and Edges” – Sugarcane Jane
After a long, extensive process following their successful 2015 album “Dirt Road’s End”, Sugarcane Jane delves into a more contemporary sound than some of their previous work yet stays true to every element of music that is very much their trademark Sugarcane Jane identity. They (Anthony and Savana Lee Crawford) enrich our lives with something very personal and intimate with the latest release. “Ladders and Edges” which features guest appearance by Colin Linden continues a mission of excellence that we have come to value and appreciate from the popular duo. In 2016, Anthony Crawford’s solo release “National Treasure” ranked among The Southland Music Line’s top albums. His latest with wife Savana is sure to merit that same recognition.
Sugarcane Jane has been featured in numerous articles and photo collections at The Southland Music Line. They were voted Music Artist of the Year in 2015 by the readers of The Southland Music Line and their album “Dirt Road’s End” was voted 2015’s Album of the Year by the readers too.
Some of the songs from the new album that stand out early for me are “Words”, “The Whistle Song” (you’ll catch yourself whistling along), the beautiful and moving “Never Do We Know”, “The Edge”, “New Love” and the amazing “13th Believer”.
We highly recommend “Ladders and Edges”.
Click Here to Purchase
Click Here for Spotlight Music of the Month Archives.
This month we would like to recognize Sandy Dillon Loper as Music Fan of the Month. Sandy has long been an enthusiastic fan of live music. In 2016, she attended the Desert Trip Festival in Indio, CA to see such legendary music icons as The Rolling Stones, Neil Young, The Who, Bob Dylan, Roger Waters and Paul McCartney (a show The Line’s Johnny Cole also attended). Sandy’s support for local music is clearly evident as well and she can regularly be seen enjoying Gulf Coast artists at Jack’s by the Tracks. Thanks, Sandy, for supporting live music. The Southland Music Line looks forward to seeing you at many more great shows and venues!
Click Here for Music Fan of the Month Archives