The above photo: Wes Lee at The Shed in Ocean Springs, MS. Photo by Stephen “Andy” Anderson / Page Design by J. Cole)
Wes Lee has been featured in multiple articles and photo collections at The Southland Music Line.
Click Here to check out the latest photos of Wes Lee by Stephen “Andy” Anderson
Click Here to purchase Wes Lee’s latest music.
Click Here for Previous Covers
- Hannah McFarland & Friends Live at Callaghan’s
- SXSW 2017: The Southland Music Line Returns To South By Southwest
- Bruce Springsteen: The Southland Music Line Follows The Boss To Australia & New Zealand
- Della Memoria: A Beautiful Dream Finds New Beginnings
Recent Photos by Stephen “Andy” Anderson:
- “Return of the Neanderthal Man” A Show of Support for Rob Hickman: Stephen Lee Veal, Grayson Capps, Lisa Mills, Gram Rea & Brenda Bledsoe (Fri. June 9, 2017)
- Sugarcane Jane at Callaghan’s Irish Social Club for the CD release of “Ladders & Edges” (Sun. June 4, 2017)
- Spencer Bohren “A Concert in Honor & Memory of Phillip Calametti” at The Listening Room in Mobile, AL (Sat. June 3, 2017)
- Lauren Murphy & The Psychedelics at The Bone & Barrel in Fairhope, AL (Fri. June 2, 2017)
- Sugarcane Jane at Warehouse Bakery & Donuts in Fairhope, AL (Fri. June 2, 2017)
- Bonnie Bishop with special guest Ross Newell at Callaghan’s in Mobile, AL (Wed. May 31, 2017) (two pages)
- Paw Paw’s Medicine Cabinet “Two CD Release Show” at Callaghan’s in Mobile, AL (Sun May 28, 2017) * Two Pages of Photos
- Wes Lee at The Shed in Ocean Springs, MS (Fri. May 26, 2017)
- Kim Richey with Dean Tidey at The Listening Room in Mobile, AL (Fri. May 19, 2017)
- Lisa Mills at The Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center in Ocean Springs, MS (Thur. May 18, 2017)
- Hannah McFarland & Friends at Callaghan’s (Mon. May 15, 2017)
- Click Here for More Photos by Stephen “Andy” Anderson (Multiple Albums)
Spotlight Music of the Month
“Ladders and Edges” – Sugarcane Jane
After a long, extensive process following their successful 2015 album “Dirt Road’s End”, Sugarcane Jane delves into a more contemporary sound than some of their previous work yet stays true to every element of music that is very much their trademark Sugarcane Jane identity. They (Anthony and Savana Lee Crawford) enrich our lives with something very personal and intimate with the latest release. “Ladders and Edges” which features guest appearance by Colin Linden continues a mission of excellence that we have come to value and appreciate from the popular duo. In 2016, Anthony Crawford’s solo release “National Treasure” ranked among The Southland Music Line’s top albums. His latest with wife Savana is sure to merit that same recognition.
Sugarcane Jane has been featured in numerous articles and photo collections at The Southland Music Line. They were voted Music Artist of the Year in 2015 by the readers of The Southland Music Line and their album “Dirt Road’s End” was voted 2015’s Album of the Year by the readers too.
Some of the songs from the new album that stand out early for me are “Words”, “The Whistle Song” (you’ll catch yourself whistling along), the beautiful and moving “Never Do We Know”, “The Edge”, “New Love” and the amazing “13th Believer”.
We highly recommend “Ladders and Edges”.
Click Here to Purchase
Last Month’s Spotlight Music
“Hell or High Water” – Kelcy Hyde
Country music artist “Kelcy Hyde” has been the subject of two articles at The Southland Music Line –
“Keeping Up with Kelcy Hyde: Nashville’s Next New Sensation?” (May 16, 2014) and “The Line Interviews Kelcy Hyde” (November 5, 2014). Her 2014 EP “Your Heart Amazes Me” has led her to continued success as a live performer in Nashville and across the country. Her latest single “Hell or High Water” was officially released on April 21. The recent article “Kelcy Hyde Blows Us Away with Hell or High Water” at Country Music Chat gives further proof of Kelcy’s appeal. We recommend checking out the music of Kelcy Hyde and purchasing her latest single.
Click Here for Spotlight Music of the Month Archives.
The Southland Music Line’s June 2017 Music Fans of the Month, Danny ”Toad” Smith and Sara Jones Smith are extraordinary music enthusiasts and very deserving of recognition. This talented photographer and accomplished jazz flutist can often be seen enjoying local and national musical artists at such venues as Jazz Fest, Jack’s by the Tracks, Callaghan’s Irish Social Club and many more noteworthy locations along the coast. Their strong appreciation and support of live music is well known and we always enjoy attending shows with this great pair, especially when “Sister Sara” shares her considerable musical talent with us while sitting in with a band.
Click Here for Music Fan of the Month Archives